12/3/13

Pencil drawings collaged in photoshop

I remember myself as far as five years old. There were formative and memorable events in my childhood that I can go back to in my mind. Did I have a sense of morality then? Could I distinguish between right and wrong intuitively accessing my conscience? Returning to these memories helped me understand the person I was, and perhaps still am today. “Make a wish” game stuck in my mind from the days of the past. I had to think of something I wanted with the utmost sincerity, wish for it and keep it a secret. The wish would then come true. At five years old my wish was - "Let there be no war in the world." Why would a child make a wish like that, when prompted to reach into the heart and find what was desired the most? Did I carry deeply seeded wish for peace on Earth out of even earlier years of my life? How did this idea get planted in my mind? I did not grow up in a war zone and was unable to grasp the origins of my childhood morality. It would have been easier to understand myself if I had wished for something much simpler. Anything that would have been not so loaded with ethical value.


 drawing collage, 2013

drawing collage, 2013

drawing collage, 2013

drawing collage, 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment