12/9/09

Sketches with pencil, pen and marker Maxim Grunin

Sketches have a wide variety of purposes. They can be studies of form and proportions. They also allow the artist to explore a new image without having to complete it. I often start mapping my drawing with very light graphite lines. I want to be sure that the outlines are correct because I don't like using an eraser at all. I want to keep the initial appearance of every mark placed on the page. The unchanged lines tell me a great deal about my methods of constructing the image. Observing, thinking of how to place the lines and tone within a page and also letting my body express through the drawing process happens all at once. Even psychological processes of relating to my subjects, accessing an emotional response contribute to the outcome of the drawings.




1 comment:

  1. Very capable. You control your subjects very well.

    - darick

    lumi9painting.

    ReplyDelete