10/15/09

At The Park, 24"X30", acrylic on canvas, 2009 - landscape painting by Maxim Grunin



"At The Park" is a red-brown, ochre, black and white colored canvas. This painting reflects the setting of a park next door, where I and other people go for a little bit of exercise and fresh air. Some pathways at the park look especially vivid and painterly, they invite me to stop and admire them. When constructing a painting I look for brush mark , palette knife mark or a spill mark appropriate for making objects look "nature like" and at the same time I want the picture to be on the edge of abstraction. I also want my painting to be fluid and moving. Broad paint strokes and rich surface quality of the painting are designed to capture viewer's attention. "Park Run" carries some of the quiet and yet powerful beauty of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment